Popular Posts

Sunday 13 February 2022

(INTERVIEW) Ayo blog meets Collin, of Cheap Polaroid

obed: HELOOOOO COLLIN!! whats been going on in your world rn

Collin: in terms of life, not a WHOLE lot. I've been pretty busy with school but outside of that I've been focusing on my music as a whole and just exploring that world


obed: what typa sound are you going for, any inspirations?


Collin: Hmmm, so mainly I divide my ideas into Collin Reyes and than Cheap Polaroid. Right now for Cheap Polaroid, I want this glitchy sort of pop thing going on and I think I just want it to be very 00's pop esque. In terms of Collin Reyes (their other project) , I'm going for like 2012 Born to Die Lana Del Rey/Pop meets dream pop indie


Also Collin: I'd say my inspirations are Lana Del Rey, French for Rabbits, Death's Dynamic Shroud, SOPHIE, Kim Petras, Amber Dregs, Ariana Grande, etc…


obed: a great selection i see! you have a very huge creative drive it seems… what’s next in store for us??? WHATS NEXT!! SPILL THE TEA


Collin: Whew boy! So, basically in terms of Cheap Polaroid the next album is gonna be called Delirium. I decided that I wanted to make this album more manic and cinematic, in terms of thematic terms I'm gonna make this album heavier and like more darker. Sonically, I'm gonna make it very upbeat and catchy, and plan to add my own original vocals. 


As for the debut Collin Reyes LP, that will be very cinematic, very open and honest and it will have a lot of ties to the people around me. It will be about this world and the people in it but I'll also sing about my stories too. 


obed: that’s awesome, always great to see artists talking about shit from irl life and shit


Collin: Haha, yes. The debut Collin Reyes LP will have a few interesting tracks.



obed: ok last question, kiss marry kill. hke, elon musk, zach hill 


Collin: OHHHH NOOO 


Collin again: lemme see who zach hill is rq


obed: death grip man


Collin: ohhh mkay… so I dont wanna say kill HKE cuz I dont wanna kill anybody, but I'd say kiss Elon (ew) and marry Zach (meh ig?)


obed: awesome m absolute human!!!! thanks for the interviewwwwww. Ur definetly one to keep an eye oN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


CHECK OUT COLLIN'S MOST RECENT DROP HERE!!


https://ggeneric.bandcamp.com/album/loving-you-is-hard-single


1 comment:

(2022) New Year, New Me by 夢見死

 https://dreamingdeath.bandcamp.com/album/new-year-new-me